Sunday, April 7, 2013

Getting there

I recently turned 30. I'm trying to reclaim my life from the encroaching burden of work, and kinda winning. I'm sewing a bit more. I'm juggling a billion expectations and duties, and starting to learn where what is real stops and where my reaction begins. I went skiing, backpacking, traveled for work, got rear ended, am planning a huge cultural social event for work, am working with a larger group for an even larger event.  And yet so far the most jarring thing is that after three years of parking in the same downtown Palo Alto garage, I got upgraded, significantly.

As cheesy as it sounds to my own ears, I'm giving myself permission to do what I want, and to say yes to things which I feel are worthwhile. (Like, coincidentally, going to Rocky Horror again... )
Yup. Feeling alright.


Still can't seem to stop buying jelly molds. That's fine though, there'll be a post soon on a hilarious one I bought the other day and only recently figured out what it *was*.

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful :-) And I am now on the edge of my seat about the jelly mold....

    ReplyDelete