Friday, January 11, 2013

The Big Three-Oh

And here I sit, still trying to figure out how to bid my twenties farewell in style.

A friend of mine is a chef, who does sort of a bespoke dining experience - but that would limit it to 12 people, and while I know I have at least six who'd appreciate that level of cuisine, I wouldn't want to limit my BIG GIANT BIRTHDAY to 6, or even 12 people.  Great idea - but for some other time I think.

I have a bunch of friends who're Makers. But they all make different stuff.

I also have a bunch of friends who are students, poor, underemployed, unemployed, or just plain ol' cheapskates. So that takes a lot of the "admission required" items off the table: go-karting, mini golf, theme parks, etc.  It also also means that a lot of folks won't come if it's not within a certain distance of their houses.

I love museums. Only a relatively small subset of my friends do.  Dancing?

Well, yes, but everyone's into rather varied things when they're not doing their stints at Fezziwigs.

Hiking? I've done it a bit. It works out alright. You have the issue of people being at different fitness levels, of people coming under or completely un-prepared,

And then I also realized - I haven't had much in the way of birthdays lately. Why am I trying so hard when I know most of the people won't show?

I really just need to make this about me. For once.

No comments:

Post a Comment